Sunday 9 September 2012

Satisfying blue flashes.

Well, after another unexpected absence (life worked out that I could make it off to a wedding that I didn't expect I was able to), I've been able to get back in the pod again for a while. Though I've been back for the better part of a week now, I hadn't had any fights worth writing about, until tonight.

I had been fairly lazy, with a couple of BPOs heading down via Red Frog, I was using my alt to mine, sort of. I placed him in one of the belts in Iges, getting some of the minerals that I wasn't able to get a good supply of in high-sec. Using a tanky Procurer for this served two purposes, first was to get these minerals, also was to bait anyone who decided that it would be an easy target. Sure enough, some people decided that looked good to them. Seeing an Enyo warp into the belt, I undocked Dischord's Hurricane, and went in after it. Before long a Merlin and Condor warped in to assist the Enyo.

Landing with Dischord, I right away went after the Enyo, with it being the most expensive ship on field. It right away started burning away with its' Microwarp Drive. Overheating my Battlecruiser's mid slots, I was barely able to keep him within overheated point range, while keeping the damage on him. Reeling him to around 20km, I turned the heat off, and soon realized that he was able to outrun me without the heat on the MWD. Having to once again heat all the mids to keep him from getting out, my MWD was reaching critical levels as he was once again to around 20 km range. Turning off the heat just too late, I saw the prop mod burn out, as I overheated the top rack to try get the assault ship, now spewing flame from it's hull before it was out of point range, and was rewarded with a satisfying blue flash.

With the other frigates having warped off when they realized the mining barge was heavily tanked, and thinking I would be coming for them next, I warped my alt off, to get his covert ops ship, which has a salvager on it, to try maximise my profit on the kill. As my cov-ops warps to the wreck, I notice a slicer warp into the belt. A pilot who I had talked to earlier who was interested in fighting my Wolf, so I decided rather then bring the 'cane against it, I'd grab my Assault Frigate. Coming back to the belt with barrage loaded, I landed on top of the Amarr Frigate and went to work. It soon became apparent that the pilot of the Slicer though was AFK, as he didn't move as his shields quickly evaporated. With it's armor nearly depleted, the pilot finally took control and set about trying to do some damage to me before his ship reached it's end.

Gloating to myself over the nice loot that the Slicer dropped, I was about to warp out when a Malediction warped in, and I thought it would be interesting to continue the fight, not thinking about the loot in my cargo hold, and more importantly, not checking my directional scan.

Getting the Malediction scrammed right away, along with my Nosferatu keeping my cap levels up, I overheated my armor rep and hoped for the best, especially once the Federation Navy Comet landed on grid with us. Cursing myself then for not having any Exile booster, I overheated all the things to try and make sure I took as much out with me as I could. Entering structure at around the same time as the Malediction (wishing this entire time now I had loaded Fusion also), my the overheated repair module pulling a bit of armor back every cycle, was enough to see another satisfying blue flash as the aggressing Interceptor exploded.

I still had some hope at this time that without the rockets pouring out of the Malediction, the rep may be able to pull back some armor against the Comet, but that hope was short lived, as before I was even able to turn my guns around towards the Comet, my Wolf 's hull let go, with my most expensive loss to date.

Definitely a fun few minutes. Looking at local afterwards, I think even if I had gotten that Comet, there may have been more coming for me, There were definitely more hostiles in local, but I don't know if they were together at all.



On the skilling side, still cleaning up a few holes in my support skills, though I've decided to train into a Loki sooner rather then later, after looking at a few fits, so while I was gone for a week there, I started on Minmatar Cruiser V, and I've been cleaning up the last couple skills I need to train the subsystem skills. I've already got the full Loki fit sitting in Slays. Not going to say anything more about it then it'll definitely be my most expensive lossmail when it eventually rolls around.


Fly dangerous
'Chord

No comments:

Post a Comment