Monday 10 September 2012

I just don't understand

Coming back from a roam today, I poked my head into Cumemare, the home of the Exploding Squirrels. They're a fairly large, active corp, that has mostly younger players, teaching them how to survive in low-sec. Decent people, I'm in their public channel.

Anyways, I came, and found a Crusader ratting. Being in my Stabber Fleet, I thought this looked pretty fun to me, so warping into the belt, I landed almost on top of it, but it easily had burned out of scram range before my lock resolved, as he was moving at 4km/s when I landed. Checking the wrecks of the rats he had killed, he burned back in, apparently looking for the fight.

Turning off my afterburner, which I had used to not overshoot the wrecks, he looked like he was going to be coming right close to me, so I punched the MWD, overheated the scram, and caught his Interceptor. That was really about it for the fight, he wasn't able to get a good orbit on me to get under my guns, because with my AB running I was just as fast as he was.

Destroying his Frigate, I caught his pod. Seeing as he was an '05 player, I went for the ransom on it.


[05:19:47] EVE System > Channel MOTD: You've missed a few payments on that nice ship of yours....Please CEASE FIRE and RECALL DRONES and we will negotiate a mutually beneficial solution.
[05:40:15] Dischordant > Hey there
[05:40:18] Dischordant > Interested in keeping the pod?
[05:40:36] Sothas > depends on what you want for it?
[05:40:49] Dischordant > 100m?
[05:41:20] Sothas > sure
[05:41:33] Sothas > red in belt
[05:41:48] Dischordant > Makes me think I should have gone higher. Send the money and you're free.
[05:42:30] Dischordant > 100m, not 100k
[05:42:41] Sothas > yeah, missed the zeros
[05:42:45] Dischordant > np
[05:43:30] Dischordant > o/
[05:44:09] EVE System > Sothas was kicked from the channel by Dischordant
Effective until: 2012.09.11 06:14
Reason: "Business concluded"


With that done, I figured that I would just be waiting out GCC and leaving system. Salvaging the wreck with my alt, I got 35m in salvage out of it too, not a bad little profit.

While salvaging the wreck, it didn't take too long to notice an Abbadon on scan, on scan towards the station. Checking the belt and planet in that cluster, sure enough he was at the station. But wait, he's not there anymore. Did he go back to the belt we fought in looking for a fight? No, not on scan there. He is at another cluster though. Warping to the ice belt in system, sure enough he's there. Spiralling in to make sure he doesn't land some massive hits on me before I can get under his guns, he doesn't even lock me until I'm in a tight orbit, with the afterburner running.

Tearing through his shields, he finally targets back and opens fire, not scratching me at all, and not launching any drones. Figuring this would be an easy time, I invited him to the ransom channel again. Wait. I kicked him, he can't join for 30 minutes. I guess I'll just go for the kill then.

Getting half-way through his armor, local goes up by two, a couple of his corp-mates have entered system, before long there's a Drake and Merlin on scan. Figuring I'd have company soon, I overheated the top rack to try and get through his buffer before they come in and start getting me. Keeping an eagle eye on the heat damage to my guns I let them get to 90% before turning the overload off. His backup still hasn't arrived, and he's deep into structure now, and pop goes the Battleship. 

I'm really unsure as to what he was thinking, with me still in system to go and grab a PvE Battleship, and go ratting. I wish I had thought about the ransom a little more and just invited him to a conversation and tried to ransom the ship, I really could use the money right now. Oh well.


Fly dangerous
'Chord

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he was under the impression that an abbadon wouldn't be killed so easily by your SFI.... I guess he learned something :)

    ReplyDelete