Friday 1 June 2012

Busy days

The past few days have been some of the busiest ones since I've started playing Eve. Lots of kills, lots of losses, mostly in good fights.


To start it off, yesterday I went on a roam down to Kenninck, but when I arrived I ended up having to do a few things out of pod when I docked up. Undocking my rupture when I got back, there was a Cynabal waiting for me outside. Trying to warp off, it locked me, pointed me and got a volley off, so I docked back up. Deciding to try again, I also enabled moons on my screen, and saw one that was quite close to being an insta-undock, able to warp to it, I then went to the gate to leave system, and soon noticed the Cynabal following me.


Each jump I took, it followed me, so as I got close to home I put the call out to a couple other Repossession agents that were at home to jump in ships that could take gate guns, because we were going to drop this Cynabal. Landing on the Iges gate in Covryn, it landed right beside me, and this time I didn't jump through, but started aligning elsewhere, hoping for the other cruiser to engage, or at the very least to get off the gate. As we burned a ways off the gate, I decided that was enough, and opened fire. Because the other pilot had agressed earlier, I didn't take any gate-fire. With my two friends jumping through in Hurricanes, and the Cynabal scrammed and webbed, it was apparent how this was going to go down. GFs were exchanged, and I scooped the loot and went home.


Not all that much later, I undocked from the station, and while thinking about where to go, a Tempest undocked from the station. Looking at the pilot, I saw he was quite a new player, so I decided to see what he was going to do. It didn't take long before the battleship locked up my cruiser, and opened fire, so I returned the favor and let my guns go to work. His large calibre guns weren't able to track my ship, though he did have one gun that was hitting me, while my guns were constantly landing solid hits. With his shields gone quite quickly, and armor going down fast, Maleficas, one of the other Repo. agents in system came in, and helped finish this battleship off quickly.


Deciding it was a good time to roam the Amoen/Avaux loop, I then headed down there, getting to Avaux, I found a Covetor and Hurricane on scan in a belt. Thinking I had a decent enough chance to pop the Covetor and get out before the Hurricane could get me, I warped in. Landing close to the Covetor, I lock it up and open fire, doing decent damage, while receiving little from the Hurricane. I got it into structure, and started to align out towards the sun, but then my damage started to fall off quickly. Deciding to go back in for the kill, I turned around and burned back for the Covetor, and once in range, it dropped. The problem then was that I was in range of the Hurricane's 425mm autocannons, and though I was nearly at the edge of distruptor range, he manged to get the final blow on my Rupture.




Once again back in Iges, I heard darmwand take out a Malediction in his Wolf, but had burnt out his MWD at the same time. As he was salvaging the wreck, a Sentinel warped in on him, so he left. Hearing that, I jumped in a thrasher, and went to the sun to see if the Sentinel stayed there. He didn't but as it turns out, he thought a Thrasher would be a good target. It was soon apparent that he made the wrong choice, as the seven autocannons tore straight through his shield, armor, and hull. If he had been aligned out and spamming warp, there's a good chance the other pilot could have gotten out, because the neuts dropped my point near the end.


Able to get a point on the pod, He proceeded to agree with the 75m ransom for the pod.
When ransoms go that smoothly, I always wish I had asked for more to start with. Not complaining though.


Later on that night, there was a Jaguar hanging around in Iges. At first I chased it in my Rupture, but he wasn't interested in that fight. Re-shipping into a Wolf, we never landed in the same spot as each other, and eventually he went to Covryn. Following him there, he went into the Gallente Infrastructure Hub and waited there. Warping in at 20, I locked up and began my slow-kiting, aligned away from him. Getting him to around half shields I started to go in on him, and got him into armor only having to pulse my rep once or twice, when he decided to disengage. He warped off to a station and repaired, as I used my rep to finish repairing my armor as I went to a safe to wait out my GCC.


It wasn't too long before he was back in the Hub, and I warped in again. This time I decided not to kite so much, and went in much sooner. The results turned out much the same, with his shield failing while my tank was holding, but this time when he disengaged I managed to cut off his route when he was aligning and get into overheated scram range, and finish him off.


To round out that night, I was in Kenninck again, and there was an Arbitrator on the gate. Neither of us sure about the fight, we end up warping around at different ranges to various celestials. Finally landing near enough to him at a customs office, I go in for the kill. Knowing I'd be tracking disrupted, I thought best would be to approach and then once in range stop moving. Turned out this didn't work very well, and his drones started to eat me while I had serious issues tracking. Deciding it was time to try disengage I started aligning out and spamming warp. While I did this, I noticed my shots landing, and landing hard, but it was too little, too late as the structure failed in my Rupture.


Not really sure what I should have done better there, though I did notice he was actively repairing his armor, I probably should have used my neuts from the start of the fight, and probably tried to get out quicker then I did.




Today was another fairly eventful day, from popping a Retriever next door in Uphallant, to grabbing another Retriever in  Kenninck, which in turn got the local alliance mad at me, and then camped me in with a Proteus/Arazu and various other ships. They were probing me down, so I kept warping to safe spots, and this kept up for a solid hour before they had gotten one of my safes and waited there. I warped in on their ships and right away started to spam warp to another safe as best I could, and though a few of them were able to lock and do damage to me, none of them pointed me, and I was able to get out. Saying something about their lack of points, I then noticed the Arazu off the gate, and warped through, and got out to freedom from there.


Heading back home, I found haerod of Black Rebel Rifter Club in Dastryns, and though he wasn't interested in playing with my Rupture, he was much more inclined to take on my Firetail.


Waiting for him on the gate of a Gallente Outpost, he warped in. having previously tested out vs Merlins with Penumbrawolf of Repo. I knew my best chance was to just get close, and stay close while using my TD to hamper his guns tracking, and it worked well, able to eat through his shields, and make real quick work of his armor and hull, when he just started to damage my armor. It was at the end of this fight that I also realized I had been firing Fusion at him the entire time too, hitting his shields' best resist.


With the word of a Myrmidon next door, I then took my prober over there, while I grabbed my Rupture once more, and darmwand grabbed his arty-cane. Warping us both in, with darm slightly ahead of me, he was able to get point while I burned in, attempting a ransom, the other pilot didn't like the 60m price we put on it, and so we dropped the ship (though the rats were nearly going to do that while we were attempting the ransom).


And to round out the events of tonight, there was an Enyo on scan in Iges. Jumping in my trusty wolf, I went to find it, as it turned out it was on a station. Not too keen on letting an Enyo get close to me, I warped to the customs office near there, and the other pilot followed, but warped in at range. Then worried that it may be rail fit I warped to the planet at range, hoping for a close engagement (I should have looked at, yes I know). Not coming there, I eventually caught up to the pilot at the same station again. This time deciding just to go for it, I nearly suicided myself by firing before the non-flashy pilot had engaged. The Enyo was MWD fit, so I figured there was a good chance of having some good range control, getting straight through it's shield, and making quick work of it's armor, I was feeling pretty good, and then started to get closer, trying to make sure I'd be in range to grab the pod, when my armor just melted, and hull soon after.


Apparently the Enyo was at 36% hull. Gf.


Grabbing the other fit Wolf I had, I right away went looking for the Enyo. Warping to the top station, which has repair facilities, I had hit dock, but then saw the Enyo undock as I came in. Scrambling to not dock, and give chase, I locked up the station. When my lock resolved on the Enyo, right as it was at the edge of scram range, I opened fire, and hit my scram, on the station, and soon was destroyed by the guns from said station.


Not my finest hour, that's for sure. Oh well, I've done enough stupid flying, it was sure to catch up with me.




Fly dangerous
'Chord

2 comments:

  1. I can sell you T2 Burst Aerator Rigs for good price (30mill for 5 pcs)!

    ReplyDelete